Sunday, August 3, 2014

CHAPTER 8 DECISION: THE MASTERY OF PROCRASTINATION By Reggie Liggins

This is a direct quote form a "lesson" posted by my good friend Reggie Liggins in our 30 Day Mental Cleanse forum :

CHAPTER 8
DECISION: THE MASTERY OF PROCRASTINATION By Reggie Liggins

The Seventh Step toward Riches

"It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped." ~ Tony Robbins

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." ~ Mark Zuckerberg

Napoleon Hill said something really interesting towards the end of chapter regarding our school systems here in America.

He said, "Generally, the youth just out of school seeks any job that can be found. He takes the first place he finds, because he has fallen into the habit of INDECISION. Ninety-eight out of every hundred people working for wages today, are in the positions they hold, because they lacked the DEFINITENESS OF DECISION to PLAN A DEFINITE POSITION, and the knowledge of how to choose an employer."

I have seen this over and over again in my time. What amazes me sometimes is when people go to school for 4 years or more to learn a trade or skill, and then don't even end up working in that field. Stranger still is the extraordinary number of people who go to school to study business and even get an MBA, but have no intention of going into business for themselves. Instead their goal is to earn a safe, secure salary instead of the possible fortune that could await them if they were to dare to chase a dream and start their own business.

Decisions do mark the course of our lives. And not just the big ones, such as what to do for a living. But all of the little ones that we make every single day. What to eat, whether to exercise or not, whether to listen to our family or listen to the television, whether to make one more business call or to call it a day. As a father, I often tell my children that the things they do today will determine where they will be tomorrow, so make good choices (decisions).

In his book, "The Compound Effect", Darren Hardy says: “In essence, you make your choices, and then your choices make you.” The basic premise of the book is that where are you right now in life, the status of your bank account, health, relationships, etc., are the accumulative result or "compound effect" of all of the choices and decisions that you have made in your life to this point. And that if we want to change the quality of our lives, we need to change some of the choices that we make on a daily basis. Basically every small little choice matters, so we need to make better decisions.

One of the bad choices I used to make was to outsource my decisions to others. I used to decide to "go along to get along", and you know, "don't rock the boat". My favorite phrases were, "whatever you want to do" or "it doesn't matter to me". (I lied by the way, it did matter). So many of my decisions were rooted in my desire to have people like me, also known as worrying about what others might think. That type of thinking unfortunately carried over into my business when I first started network marketing. It was like I thought the business was good enough for me and my family, but that it wasn't good enough for anybody else. So I "decided" not to tell certain people about it because I was afraid of what they might think or say.

What those decisions cost me in lost potential revenue I will never know. What I do know is that I didn't give them the opportunity to decide if my business or product was right for them. I decided for them that what I had was wrong for them because of my stinking thinking. As far as I know, I deprived them them of the opportunity to become financially free or benefit from using exceptional products.

As evidenced by the story of the founding of America in this chapter, the decisions we make do not just affect ourselves.

They tend to have a ripple effect, in our families, in our communities, at work, everywhere. Since joining Mentoring for Free, I have learned one of the secrets to success in this business is to forget what I want and to focus on helping others. My job is to find out what they need or want and then do all that I can to help them get it. Zig Ziglar famously said that if we help enough people get what they want, we can have everything that we want.

So if you are in network marketing, make a decision to just help people. And whether you are in network marketing or not, make a decision to chase your dreams. Don't settle for the first job that comes along unless it is THE job that you want.

Our time here is too short to settle for what you don't want. I believe you can have whatever you want in this life if you make a definite decision to go after it with all that is in you. Just decide.

I leave you with the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."

Peace and Prosperity,

Reggie Liggins

Thank you Reggie for allowing me to repost this.  See more great "lessons" here :
http://30daymentalcleanse.info/index.php/board,215.0.html

Or join us in our forum here : http://30daycleanse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment