Thursday, August 28, 2014

Chapter 13--The Brain by Margi Starr

This is a direct quote form a "lesson" posted by my good friend Margi Starr in our 30 Day Mental Cleanse forum :  

Chapter 13--The Brain by Margi Starr

I was in three different airports over the past ten days:  Columbus, Phoenix, and Denver. Their bookstores are filled with the latest and greatest books and magazines for all different interest groups.

In previous years I would have chosen a popular novel or maybe a decorating magazine to enjoy during my plane flights.

However, I realize more than ever that what we feed our Brain is crucial to our personal development. Since our Brain is a broadcast and receiving station, it only makes sense that if we truly want success, we must be dialed into the types of information that will help us achieve that. Popular novels and decorating magazines probably aren't going to get me there.

This time the magazine that I bought was one I’ve never read before. Inc. 500 features America’s most successful entrepreneurs.  It dawned on me that maybe I could learn something from it.

The article “Wired for Success” by Leigh Buchanan talks about the impressive growth some private companies are achieving in a time when our economy has stalled. 

The author shares a study that proves success is not because people were at the right place at the right time with the right résumé.  Rather it is because of ten qualities that are exhibited by successful entrepreneurs. These are the individuals that call themselves “unemployable,” not because other companies don’t want them, but because other companies can’t contain them. That alone is a powerful statement!

The ten qualities of a successful Inc 500 Entrepreneur are:

1.   Risk Taker
2.   Business Focus
3.   Determination
4.   Delegator
5.   Knowledge Seeker
6.   Creative Thinker
7.   Confidence
8.   Promoter
9.   Independence
10.   Relationship Builder

In network marketing, RISK TAKING looks different than for someone who is beginning a company from the ground up and with massive overhead. The Risk that many of us face is the Fear that keeps us from sharing about our product or opportunity, or in getting out of our comfort zone to meet new people. 

BUSINESS FOCUS:  For success to happen, we must treat our MLM’s as businesses instead of as hobbies.  That means being ALL IN and giving the time and attention that is required to learn Skills. Feeding our brains with material relating to network marketing and personal development develops an appetite for more of the same. 

We know 95% of Network Marketers are struggling.  The 5% who achieve success are those that are DETERMINED and push through resistance.  Friends and family are notorious for telling us we're crazy.  A good amount of Determination will turn a deaf ear to those comments and cause us to be more Determined than ever.

Many of us know people who for whatever reason decide to switch companies or quit network marketing all together.  Lately, a friend of mine decided to do this.  In our conversation I wished her well in her new venture, but what I realized is that her decision to leave made me more DETERMINED than ever to stay with my current and forever company.  

You see, I am one of those MLM warriors. I tried nearly a dozen companies and wasted thousands of dollars before I found Mentoring for Free.  True, they weren’t Five Pillar companies, but that was not the reason I did not succeed.

The real reason I failed was because I had none of these top qualities of an Entrepreneur.

I allowed Fear to paralyze me….

I treated each one like a hobby instead of a business…

And I had no Determination whatsoever! 

As soon as I found one little thing that didn’t seem to work, I jumped to something else. I was not ALL IN.  Instead I found excuses as to why that particular company or product wouldn’t work.  

Here at Mentoring for Free we learn how to evaluate a company based on the Five Pillars.  Once we find a company that meets the Five Pillar criteria we are urged to do something really radical—COMMIT to it as you would a marriage partner.  

Say “I do” and be Determined to grow your business as you would grow a marriage. Avoid the temptation of looking around to see if there’s something better. When you start having a wandering eye for a different company, it divides your energy and wrecks havoc with your mind.  Your brain will be in a total state of confusion.  It won’t know what to send or receive.  

Whatever is holding you back from success with your current Five Pillar company will most assuredly follow you to the next company and the next one. 

Continue to work on each of the Ten Qualities of an Entrepreneur mentioned above. 

IF (and that's the bottom line) you continue to be ALL IN and Coachable, you WILL achieve the success you desire.

Margi Starr

Thank you Margi for allowing me to repost this.  See more great "lessons" here : http://30daymentalcleanse.info/index.php/board,221.0.html

Or join us in our forum here : http://30daycleanse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment