Thursday, April 10, 2014

CHAPTER 8 DECISION: THE MASTERY OF PROCRASTINATION

CHAPTER 8
DECISION: THE MASTERY OF PROCRASTINATION

The Seventh Step toward Riches


By Carmen Schuster

What I get out of the first few paragraphs of this chapter is that decisions which are not followed by action, aren't really decisions, they are wishes or maybe opinions. I think this is what Napoleon Hill means when he talks about "definite decisions": decision backed by action.

I, personally, am very quick to decide if I'll do something or not. Of those decisions, the ones that are put into action are the only ones that have an impact, though. 
When I was fifteen I decided to become a chemist. I've always loved sciences and to me, chemistry held an allure and a magic that the other sciences lacked. I put this decision into action by first achieving the grades required for enrollment at the university, then by actually enrolling and following through with my studies. 
Later, when this career choice didn't really suit me any longer, a new decision needed to be made. After trying my hand at a number of different things, like freelance scientific writing, opening my own soapmaking business, and even working a 9 to 5 job as a category manager for a few years, I came across network marketing. Boy, this looked good, really good.

I decided to join an MLM opportunity. After all, this business holds the ultimate allure of time freedom and financial freedom. Like many other newbies who join a network marketing company I didn't really have a clue then about the business or the industry. Friends and family were horrified and tried to talk me out of it. I am sure they meant well but I stood by my decision. If other people can do this, then so can I, right? 

Well,the next two years were spent mostly with finding out about the things that DON'T work in MLM, like for example this asinine concept of making lists of family and friends, of neighbours and acquaintances, and pestering those people with the biz opp. It soon dawned on me that this was not working, that without proper upline support and any kind of duplicatable system to follow, I was not going to have any success in this industry. So another decision was needed: the decision to get help. Research on the internet provided me with the names of many, many, many MLM coaches, motivational speakers, lead generation experts, all eager to help me with my business if I would just buy their expensive trainings and services. I tried a few of those with little success. 

Somewhere in all this, I happened to download a free ebook, full of eye opening revelations and sound advice, leading me to the Mentoring For Free System. And here I am, listening to the calls, staying close to the fire, enjoying the companionship of this group, all the while being educated about the amazing mlm industry, AND BEING GENTLY PRODDED AND CONSTANTLY REMINDED TO ACT ON MY DECISIONS. This is doing me a ton of good, helping me grow as a person as well as helping me grow my business. 

Thank you, Michael and Linda, for creating this friendly and supportive environment. And thank you to everyone on these calls for being here with me and being part of this.

With much appreciation,

Carmen Schuster

Cologne, Germany

Become part of this mastermind group and improve your life :  http://30daycleanse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment